This Homemade Yogi Tea is a true delight. Yogi Tea is a traditional tea from India made with 6 ingredients that help boost the immune system, increase circulation, and improve digestion. Not only is this tea full of health benefits, it's also full of delicious flavor. And as a bonus, it'll make your home smell absolutely incredible when you make it!
I love this tea so much that I don't drink it, I savor every sip.
Ingredients & Benefits:
12 Cups (filtered) Water
1/2 Tbsp Black Peppercorns
- Black Pepper is great at relieving sinus and asthma congestion. It helps with digestion and is high in antioxidants. To learn more about its many health benefits, click here.
1/2 Tbsp Whole Cloves
- Cloves have been used for centuries in India and China as a spice and condiment, as well as for its medicinal properties. They contain anti-microbial properties while providing numerous health benefits including boosting the immune system and aiding digestion. To learn more, click here.
1 Tbsp Cardamom Pods (I prefer to use cardamom seeds)
- Cardamom is a spice that originated in India. It's been used for thousands of years to help with digestion and it's also very high in antioxidants.
4 Cinnamon Sticks
- I always want cinnamon in my diet, not only because it's yummy, but also for its numerous health benefits. It's a high source of antioxidants and did you know that cinnamon also helps to reduce sugar cravings and stabilize blood sugar?
4-Inches (about) Fresh Ginger, sliced with peel left on
- Most notably known to ease nausea, the health benefits offered from ginger are many! Ginger is very good for detoxification and reducing pain and inflammation. It's also loaded with antioxidants and is a great immune booster.
Black Tea Bag
- To enjoy this tea caffeine-free, you can omit the black tea bag.
Unsweetened Almond Milk
- I prefer the taste of (unsweetened) almond milk in this tea best, however you can substitute the almond milk for any other milk (dairy or vegan) that you prefer.
Add water to large stock pot and bring to a boil.
As the water is beginning to boil, add all ingredients except the tea bag and almond milk.
Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
Remove from heat for several hours, ideally overnight, to cool.
Strain using a fine mesh strainer and discard all the ingredients.
Portion tea into glass containers, Mason Jars work best, and store in the fridge.
When you'd like a cup, pour desired amount of tea into a pot. Add a black tea bag and your desired amount of almond milk. Heat thoroughly. Remove tea bag and enjoy!
Note: You can also add a bit of honey just before serving if you'd like
If you love this Homemade Yogi Tea, I'd greatly appreciate you sharing this post so that others can enjoy this delicious, easy-to-make recipe as well. Thank you.